We treat the personal data of our visitors with great care and are committed to giving you greater transparency about how the Visual Thinking Group of companies use your personal data.
It is important to us that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
When we refer to ‘our website’ we principally mean the websites of Visual Thinking Group companies – visualthinking.co.uk and theretailexchange.co.uk – and the collection of data across our family of websites.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Visual Thinking Limited
Email address: email@example.com Postal address: Coach House 2, Lamport Manor, Old Road, Lamport, Northamptonshire, NN6 9HF
Full name of legal entity: The Retail Exchange (VTG) Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Postal address: Coach House 2, Lamport Manor, Old Road, Lamport, Northamptonshire, NN6 9HF
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
How do we collect your personal data?
Collection directly from you
Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you for example:
- when you contact us (by email, phone, mail or in person);
- when you download our content;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- when you become a client and/or a designated point of contact for our business services
- when you express an interest in our products and services.
Automatic collection when you contact us or engage with our website or emails
We automatically collect information about you as follows:
- our website automatically logs web log server information. Contained within our website is a tracking code provided by Lead Forensics. This code enables Lead Forensics to track activity on the website and provide us with information on the IP address of the requesting computer, the date and duration of the user’s visit, and the web pages which the user visits. The Lead Forensics tool uses IP tracking for identifying businesses and is not the same as cookies. The Lead Forensics tracking code only provides information that is readily available in the public domain. It does not, and cannot, provide individual, personal or sensitive data regarding who has visited our website. It provides information on which companies have visited our website by identifying them from their IP address. This data may be used by us to contact the business about our services or for marketing purposes. We will not pass this data to third parties for any reason. More information can be found at leadforensics.com
- we also collect data through tracking codes and email marketing software, which tell us when you open our emails and which links you choose to click.
Information obtained from other sources
We may obtain publicly available professional information about you from third parties or industry publications. This information is used in the following ways:
- to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
- to ensure that we have all the information we need to provide or offer you with a product or service; and to help us to provide the best service possible, in the most efficient manner.
How we share your data
We share your data in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- Visual Thinking and The Retail Exchange will only share information within Visual Thinking Group companies, where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with content that we consider to be of legitimate industry or to manage our business. It is our legitimate interest to process your personal data for these purposes;
- with third parties who help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include: IT service providers, customer relationship management services and marketing automation, solutions and analytics providers;
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the users of our websites, emails and apps, and traffic and usage patterns, with our partners or affiliates
How we use your personal data to keep you up to date with our product, services and content
We may use personal information to let you know about Visual Thinking and The Retail Exchange products and services that we believe will be of legitimate interest to you. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you. We will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you. However, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ links you’ll find on all email marketing messages sent to you, or by contacting us via email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g. email).
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information, which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
How to contact us
Updated: Friday 25 April 2019
Legal & Intellectual Property
Visual Thinking Group companies email and all attachments an individual email may contain are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Visual Thinking Ltd or The Retail Exchange (VTG) Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, printing, forwarding or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received an email in error and delete the email from your system.
Whilst we take care to ensure that any attachments to an email does not contain any software viruses, this cannot be guaranteed and you should therefore ensure that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Visual Thinking Ltd and The Retail Exchange (VTG) Limited accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage that you suffer as a result of software viruses.
Please note that your email address may be used for marketing purposes by Visual Thinking Ltd and The Retail Exchange (VTG) Limited only and will not be passed on to third parties. If you do not wish to receive future information from us, please respond to this email with ‘remove’ in the subject line.
1. Terms and Conditions of use
By using this website, you agree with the terms and conditions described below.
Do not use the Services if you do not agree to these terms or conditions.
The information provided on this web site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us or any affiliate to any registration qualification, licensing, approval, or non-disapproval requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
3. Sources of information
The information on this web site has been compiled from both internal and external sources. Such information may include quotes, news, and research data prepared by third parties and provided by us or obtained from sources we believe to be reliable, but we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of such information for any particular purpose. You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss you experience as a result of your reliance on such information. We use reasonable efforts to make sure that the information appearing on this site is accurate and up-to-date. However, we do not represent or warrant that the information contained herein is accurate or complete.
4. Intellectual property / trade secrets / copyright
4.1. The information that you obtain via this website is our intellectual property or the intellectual property of third parties. You have the right to use the information for your own personal use but are not authorised to distribute any information further to other individuals, organisations, or third parties.
4.2. Your use of any third-party links contained on this site is at your own risk. The content to which you link has not been developed, checked for accuracy, or otherwise reviewed by us. If you access the Services via the Internet, you will be required to use a third-party provided Internet browser, such as Safari or Internet Explorer. Your use of such software to access the Services shall be at your own risk and shall be subject to terms and conditions imposed by such third parties in addition to this Agreement. We make no guarantees or representations as to, and shall have no liability for, any third-party site, including without limitation, the accuracy, subject matter, quality, or timeliness of any electronic content.
4.3. Copyright in the pages and in the screens displaying the pages, including, but not limited to all design, text, sound recordings, and images, and in the information and material therein and in their arrangement, is owned by us unless otherwise indicated. Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, they may not be copied, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed (for compensation or otherwise), licensed, altered, framed, deep-linked, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without our prior written consent.
4.4. Use of the words Visual Thinking and The Retail Exchange in relation to the supply of our goods and services are our servicemarks and trademarks, along with all associated symbols, logos etc., used to identify the company and our products and services. Other similar items featured on this site including logos, graphic devices etc. are the trademarks of their respective owners. If you download any information from this site for your personal reference, you agree that you will not remove or obscure any copyright or other notices contained in any such information. You may not copy, republish, redistribute, transmit, participate in the transmission of, create derivatives of, alter, edit or exploit in any manner any material from this site, including by storage on retrieval systems, except as expressly provided herein.
5. Internet access; email communications; prohibited usage
Because email presents issues of reliability of delivery, content accuracy, timeliness, and security, you should not send any sensitive personal or identifying information, such as bank account details, credit card numbers, passwords, etc., via email. We will take reasonable security precautions to safeguard data and communications transported over the Internet; however, we disclaim any liability for interception or loss of any such data or communications.
You are prohibited from deliberate misuse of any element of this website, including, without limitation, hacking; introduction of viruses or any device, method, or token whose knowing or intended purpose is to permit any person to circumvent the normal security of the Services, or making any modifications to the Services, including without limitation the software, information, formats, and interfaces that comprise the Services.